Marondera Town Clerk (TC) Josiah Musuwo will be leaving office this week leaving a vacant as the government is yet to approve a candidate to fill the influential post. This, therefore, means the council will have to be led by an Acting TC until the government finalises the matter.
Below are the 12 steps to be taken for the appointment of a TC
1. Advert in a local and national newspaper is flighted (in case of a TC, a Masters Degree is mandatory)
2. Town Clerks Forum Chairperson/Secretary does the shortlisting of applicants
3. In order to be inclusive and promoting transparency, it is allowed to involve other stakeholders and Human Resource companies on the day of closing and opening the box.
- Shortlisting is done.
- Successful applicants are notified to attend interviews
- Interviews are conducted led by the TC forum including other stakeholders (eg HR and Finance departments, council committee chairpersons) to make the panel
- Interviewees marks are allocated
8. The final list of four successful candidates is arrived at
9. Full council endorse the final list based on the findings of the selecting panel
10. Council forwards the list to Local Governance Board for another round of interviews
11. Interviews held and the board makes its recommendations to the council
- Full council endorses one candidate