Caledonia was in 2021 placed under the joint custody of Harare, Goromonzi and Ruwa for its development.
Local Government Minister July Moyo established the committee responsible for the development of the informal settlement.
Below we reproduce the notice setting out the structure of the committee and its objectives.:
1. This notice may be cited as the Ruwa-Harare-Goromonzi (Declaration of Joint Committee) (Caledonia Urban Development)
Establishment of the committee
2. (1) The Ruwa-Harare-Goromonzi Joint Committee is hereby established.
(2) The committee shall be a body corporate, capable of suing and being sued in its corporate name.
(3) The agreement set out in the Schedule shall regulate the joint committee.
Areas of joint interest
1. The area to be jointly managed is Caledonia Township situate in the district of Goromonzi administered by Goromonzi Rural District Council.
Objectives of the committee
3. The objective of the committee shall be the development of the Caledonia commonly known as Caledonia into an upmarket urban settlement.
Appointment of Committee Members
4. Each party will appoint or second three (3) members from its Councillors or members to the joint committee as provided for in the Urban Councils Act [Chapter 29:15] and or Rural District Councils Act [Chapter 29:13]:
Provided that the rural district council may appoint additional institutional members in terms of section 83 of the Rural District Councils Act [Chapter 29:13].
For the full version download here Caledonia Notice